It seems that December goes by in the blink of an eye. And a full social calendar, traffic, long lines at stores, and near-hysterical consumerism in the air can test our balance.
Consider this a friendly reminder from your friends at Tricycle that the holidays are an opportunity to promote compassion in a season of excess and tap into the generosity that is inherent in us all. Happy holidays!
- Confronting Family Dynamics during the Holidays by Lauren Krauze
The quiet space of meditation can help us accept the reality that things are not like they used to be.
- Tricycle’s Buddhist Gift Guide 2018 by Matthew Abrahams
Here is our roundup of gifts that promote well-being and an end to suffering.
- The Power of the Third Moment Method by Trungram Gyalwa Rinpoche
This advice is sound for all 365 days in the year—but you may find it extra helpful when navigating difficult relations and relationships at the holiday table.
- Giving Thanks from Your Gut by Wendy Joan Biddlecombe Agsar
Here are five ways to be present, connect, and reflect on generosity and kindness when you sit down to eat.
- Starting Over Again by Taylor Plimpton
The winter solstice is both the darkest day and the return of the light, and it serves as a reminder for us to let go of everything and begin again.
Thank you for subscribing to Tricycle! As a nonprofit, we depend on readers like you to keep Buddhist teachings and practices widely available.