We’re hiring! The Tricycle Foundation, a not-for-profit organization, is the publisher of Tricycle: The Buddhist Review and its affiliated sites, tricycle.org and learn.tricycle.org. Through our magazine and digital offerings, including our podcast and online courses, we provide an expansive portal for the exploration of Buddhist thought and practice.
Tricycle is a small but dedicated team producing in-depth content that reaches across the Buddhist world and beyond. We welcome applications for consideration at any time from creative and highly motivated individuals with an interest in the Buddhist path. Please send your resume and cover letter describing your interest in Tricycle and how you see your role in furthering our mission to email@example.com with the subject “Work at Tricycle.” We look forward to hearing from you!
Digital Marketing Assistant
The Digital Marketing Assistant will support all of Tricycle’s digital marketing efforts, with a special emphasis on social media and email channels. The primary goals for this position are to support the promotion of Tricycle content through social media and email, to grow and engage our email lists, and to move all Tricycle audiences through the marketing funnel.
The Digital Marketing Assistant will report to the Digital Marketing Manager.
- Support MailChimp operations by building emails using block editing and some HTML. This includes recurring daily emails, weekly emails, event follow-ups, subscription campaigns, course-sale campaigns, and donation appeals.
- Create email graphics as needed to fit proper dimensions
- Keep automated email campaigns up to date
- Update email lists weekly from course and event leads
- Pull statistics as needed
- Keep email sign-up forms up to date
- Create and send surveys through Mailchimp and/or Typeform
- Determine and execute best practices for subject lines, teaser lines, and email headers
- Utilize A/B testing
- Ensure that paid email ads are properly scheduled
- Help promote new and evergreen content on our social media channels which include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube.
- Plan, write, and schedule daily posts to our social channels to ensure that we share all of our content.
- Create and share Instagram and Facebook stories as needed
- Keep posts consistent with our tone, mission, and social media goals for growth.
- Email support for email subscribers, magazine subscribers, and course students to troubleshoot email/subscription/course issues
- Social media
- Basic familiarity with HTML is a plus
- Basic familiarity with Canva is a plus
Salary range: $40,000 – 45,000
If you’d like to apply for this position, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.