Welcome to Tricycle Meditation Month, our annual challenge commit to a daily practice throughout March. Whether you’re new to meditating or a longtime practitioner, our free 31-day challenge is a great way to kickstart your practice and set aside more time for calm and clarity in your life. We’ll be supporting you along the way with an array of meditations, tips, inspiration, and resources. Our free offerings throughout the month include:
- A new guided meditation video each week from our Meditation Month teacher Martine Batchelor, a leading mindfulness instructor, author, member of the Gaia House Teacher Council, and former nun who studied in the Korean Zen tradition of Master Kusan for ten years
- Live calls with Martine to ask any question you have about your practice
- A steady stream of helpful articles on Trike Daily, including classic and contemporary Buddhist teachings
- A Facebook discussion group where you can share your experience and connect with practitioners from all over the world
- A weekly newsletter to keep you up to date on everything going on
- Our evergreen meditation section of Buddhism for Beginners
Sign up here to take the Meditation Month challenge.
Starting on Friday, March 1, Martine will lead weekly guided meditation videos from her home in Southern France. New videos will be posted every Friday.
In this series, Martine takes a look at the nuts and bolts of meditation to help you develop a firm foundation that you can return to for the rest of your life. Each video builds on the previous one and introduces new meditation techniques so that you can feel confident and comfortable in your practice and figure out what works best for you. Martine will also offer exercises for bringing the mindfulness cultivated on the cushion into the rest of your life.
The schedule is:
- March 1: Beginning with Mindfulness
- March 8: Listening with Compassion
- March 15: Getting in Touch with Feeling Tones
- March 22: Practicing with Joy and Gratitude
Join Martine for an introductory live call on Saturday, March 9 on Crowdcast, where she will be available to answer any questions you have about your practice. She will wrap up Meditation Month with a second live call on Saturday, March 30.
Sign up for Tricycle’s newsletters
Thank you for subscribing to Tricycle! As a nonprofit, we depend on readers like you to keep Buddhist teachings and practices widely available.