Customer service and website support: email@example.com or 800-873-9871
Advertising inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Foundation inquiries (including all contributions): email@example.com
Editorial and business inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to Tricycle: The Buddhist Review: tricycle.org/join
We accept article submissions on a rolling basis. While we can only consider submissions relating to Buddhism, however obliquely, we believe that there is a Buddhist approach to anything and everything. Also, please send work that reflects your knowledge and interests rather than trying to anticipate Tricycle’s. It might be helpful to browse our website to get a sense of our current content. We look forward to seeing your work.
For your submission to be considered, we ask that you first send us a one-page query outlining your idea, any relevant information about your Buddhist and writing background, your familiarity with the subject of your proposal, and so on. If you have clips or writing samples, please send these along with your proposal.
Due to the high volume of submissions, we are not currently accepting unsolicited poetry.
We prefer to receive short (fewer than 4,000 words), typed manuscripts. Please include a word count, as well as your name, address, and the date, in your query letter.
We accept submissions electronically only; we do not accept physical manuscripts. Send submissions to email@example.com.
We try to respond to all article submissions within one month. However, due to the large number that we receive each month, please don’t let a longer wait surprise you.
Thank you for your interest in Tricycle: The Buddhist Review.
The Tricycle Foundation is looking for a Web & Online Learning Assistant. The Web & Online Learning Assistant will aid our web and online learning team in all aspects of publishing our web content on tricycle.org, including our monthly podcasts and video dharma talks, as well as our online courses on learn.tricycle.org, which feature prominent modern Buddhist voices on a variety of topics.
Online Learning (learn.tricycle.org – currently 7 courses per year)
- Working with Online Learning Designer on proofing materials and prepping for publication
- Assisting Web & Online Learning Manager with uploading and publication of all material
- Managing customer service, including scholarship inquiries, tech support, and community outreach
- Securing licensing and permissions when applicable
- Managing e-communications with our list, including our Daily Dharma emails, weekly newsletters, and online course emails
- Managing Daily Dharma publication across our website and social media channels
- Publishing our monthly podcast on our website, iTunes, and Soundcloud
- Liaising with our fulfillment house and assisting with customer service emails and queries
- Sundry administrative duties
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Familiarity with mass mailer services, particularly MailChimp
- Familiarity with social media, primarily Facebook, Twitter, and Flipboard
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Interest in meditation or mindfulness, Buddhism, or enlightened living
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resumé and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Web & Online Learning Assistant” as the subject line.
Interns are responsible for supporting the editorial and web staff in order to ensure the development of high-quality digital and print content for Tricycle’s magazine and website. In addition, interns are encouraged to develop projects of their own under the guidance of a Tricycle staff member. Interns generally work 2–4 days per week for a term of three months at our New York office. This internship is paid.
- Find Daily Dharmas
- Edit Dharma Talk video transcripts
- Request review copies and assist in selecting excerpts for print and online
- Obtain permission from publishers for excerpts running in print and online
- Assist Web Editor in writing copy for social, primarily Twitter
- Assist Web Editor in social media scheduling
- Assist with the production of e-books
- Input video captions for social
- Assist Web Editor in keywording images
- Assist with online issue creation on a quarterly basis
- Claims files and other miscellaneous admin tasks
- Scouting for new contributors and teachers
- Participating in editorial and staff meetings and pitching ideas
- Contribute to Trike Daily
Tricycle accepts applications for its editorial internship on a rolling basis. Our yearly internship calendar is divided into three cycles: summer, fall, and spring. To apply, please send a cover letter that specifies any Buddhist or writing background, a résumé, and two writing samples to email@example.com with “Editorial Internship” in the subject line.