We’re hiring! The Tricycle Foundation, a not-for-profit organization, is the publisher of Tricycle: The Buddhist Review and its affiliated sites, tricycle.org and learn.tricycle.org. Through our magazine and digital offerings, including our podcast and online courses, we provide an expansive portal for the exploration of Buddhist thought and practice.
Tricycle is a small but dedicated team producing in-depth content that reaches across the Buddhist world and beyond. We welcome applications for consideration at any time from creative and highly motivated individuals with an interest in the Buddhist path. Please send your resume and cover letter describing your interest in Tricycle and how you see your role in furthering our mission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Work at Tricycle.” We look forward to hearing from you!
Current open positions:
For nearly 30 years, the Tricycle Foundation has shared Buddhist teachings and practices with the general public, engaging the broader culture from a Buddhist perspective. Tricycle is the publisher of Tricycle: The Buddhist Review, an independent quarterly magazine, and daily content at tricycle.org. Tricycle also produces online courses, events, and more.
The Tricycle Foundation is currently seeking an Editorial Assistant to support the editorial team in creating content across our channels and assisting with the production of that content, with a focus on our print magazine. The ideal candidate will have deep interest in and knowledge of Buddhist philosophy and practice as well as the global Buddhist landscape.
This position is full-time (9:30–5:30). Tricycle’s editorial team is currently working in the office from Tuesday through Thursday and from home on Mondays and Fridays.
- Assist Managing Editor with magazine production, including the art and design process, copy edit input and dummy production
- Participate in pitch meetings for web and print
- Contribute editorial content to web and print
- Assist with in-office book flow, update the editorial team on forthcoming titles, and communicate with publishers to request copies and permissions
- Select passages to excerpt online or in print from upcoming books and archival Tricycle articles
- Monitor the editorial office’s email inbox, assessing pitches and managing correspondence
- Perform other administrative duties, including office phones, mail, etc.
- Prior writing and editing experience; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Some knowledge of, or interest in, Buddhism, Buddhist practice, and the global Buddhist landscape
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite programs, primarily InDesign and InCopy
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Strong organizational skills, extremely detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing environment
Digital Marketing Assistant
The Digital Marketing Assistant will support all of Tricycle’s digital marketing efforts, with a special emphasis on the website and email channels. The primary goals for this position are to ensure all Tricycle content is promoted, to grow and engage our email lists, and to move all Tricycle audiences through the marketing funnel.
The Digital Marketing Assistant will report to the Publisher.
- Manage MailChimp, including building daily emails using block editing and some HTML; create email graphics as needed to fit proper dimensions
- Send event follow-ups, monthly subscription campaigns, and course sale campaigns
- Manage current automated email campaigns
- Update email lists weekly from both course and events leads
- Optimize audience segments for highest engagement and lead initiative to increase segmentation sophistication
- Pull statistics as needed
- Create and send surveys through Mailchimp and/or Typeform
- Keep email sign-up forms up-to-date
- Clean lists periodically
- Brainstorm and execute new email campaigns and/or lists to increase growth and engagement
- Determine and execute best practices with subject lines, teaser lines, and email headers
- Assistance with ongoing SEO projects
- Help ensure Buddhism for Beginners is generating leads
- Create surveys for new users
- Basic A/B testing
- Email support for email subscribers, magazine subscribers, and course students
- Troubleshoot subscription/course issues
- Work closely with publishing team on Donor appeals and renewals
- Build emails in Mailchimp and import correct audiences to various segments
- Daily Dharma donor appeal annually
- Giving Tuesday and End-of-year appeal emails
- Support podcast marketing efforts
- Basic video and audio editing skills a plus
- Apple store ads
- Basic familiarity with HTML is a plus
- Basic familiarity with Canva is a plus
- Attention to detail, reliability, and time management are all highly important to this role in order to get emails out on time and to the right audiences.
If you’d like to apply for this position, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.