We’re hiring! The Tricycle Foundation, a not-for-profit organization, is the publisher of Tricycle: The Buddhist Review and its affiliated sites, tricycle.org and learn.tricycle.org. Through our magazine and digital offerings, including our podcast and online courses, we provide an expansive portal for the exploration of Buddhist thought and practice.
Tricycle is a small but dedicated team producing in-depth content that reaches across the Buddhist world and beyond. We welcome applications for consideration at any time from creative and highly motivated individuals with an interest in the Buddhist path. Please send your resume and cover letter describing your interest in Tricycle and how you see your role in furthering our mission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Work at Tricycle.” We look forward to hearing from you!
We are actively seeking candidates for the following positions in our New York City–based office. All positions except for Editorial Intern are full-time.
Interns are responsible for supporting the editorial and web staff in order to ensure the development of high-quality digital and print content for Tricycle’s magazine and website. In addition, interns are encouraged to develop projects of their own under the guidance of a Tricycle staff member. Interns generally work 2–4 days per week for a term of three months at our New York office. This internship is paid.
- Select Daily Dharma extracts from our archives for daily newsletter
- Edit Dharma Talk video transcripts
- Request review copies and assist in selecting excerpts for print and online
- Obtain permission from publishers for excerpts running in print and online
- Assist Web Editor in writing copy for social, primarily Twitter
- Assist Web Editor in social media scheduling
- Assist with the production of e-books
- Input video captions for social
- Assist Web Editor in keywording images
- Assist with online issue creation on a quarterly basis
- Claims files and other miscellaneous admin tasks
- Scouting for new contributors and teachers
- Participating in editorial and staff meetings and pitching ideas
- Contribute to Trike Daily
Tricycle accepts applications for its editorial internship on a rolling basis.
To apply, please send a cover letter that specifies any Buddhist or writing background, a resume, and two writing samples to email@example.com with “Editorial Internship” as the subject line.