We’re hiring! The Tricycle Foundation, a not-for-profit organization, is the publisher of Tricycle: The Buddhist Review and its affiliated sites, tricycle.org and learn.tricycle.org. Through our magazine and digital offerings, including our podcast and online courses, we provide an expansive portal for the exploration of Buddhist thought and practice.
Tricycle is a small but dedicated team producing in-depth content that reaches across the Buddhist world and beyond. We welcome applications for consideration at any time from creative and highly motivated individuals with an interest in the Buddhist path. Please send your resume and cover letter describing your interest in Tricycle and how you see your role in furthering our mission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Work at Tricycle.” We look forward to hearing from you!
Current job openings:
Raiser’s Edge/Donor Profiles/etc.
The Tricycle Foundation, a not-for-profit organization, is the publisher of Tricycle: The Buddhist Review, an independent national quarterly magazine, tricycle.org, and learn.tricycle.org. Tricycle, through both the magazine and digital offerings, provides an expansive portal for Buddhist thought and practice.
Tricycle is seeking a smart, hands-on Development Manager who will be responsible for managing our donor data in Raisers Edge supporting our Executive Director and Board. This will include donor research, creating donor profiles, acknowledgements and managing our online fundraising program.
This position is full-time and based in our NYC office.
- Use Raiser’s Edge to support prospect and donor moves-management and assure that a dynamic prospect and donor pipeline moves forward.
- Work closely with Data Analyst/Manager to maintain updated donor and gift records and reports with an eye to ensuring data integrity and efficiency.
- Work with Executive Director on strategies for obtaining new donors and prospects in order to ensure the ongoing development, expansion, and renewal of the database and pipeline.
- Identify, organize, and maintain donor and prospect information files.
- Oversee Annual state charitable compliance procedure through third party. (Familiarity with Affinity a plus)
- Process gift acknowledgments in a timely manner.
- Conduct proactive research focused on lead-generation to build prospect pool while also identifying current individuals in existing donor pool.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Competence in Microsoft Office suite, knowledge of Raiser’s Edge (or similar system, i.e., Salesforce) preferable. Familiarity with Wealth Engine plus.
- Familiarity with standard donor and prospect research tools such as business directories, internet resources, and wealth screening tools.
- Experience in building, managing or conducting donor and prospect research a plus
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills, attention to detail and the ability to think strategically.
- Ability to organize and manage a diverse range of assignments and projects with high efficiency, yet thorough attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- 1-3 Years’ development experience
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
Some of the details in terms of weekly, monthly, and annual tasks:
- Regular gift entry
- offline gift entry
- Weekly changes via our fulfillment house
- acknowledgment letters (for mailed-in gifts)
- Executive Director thank-you card list
- weekly reconciliation with fulfillment house
- recurring gift entry
- monthly reconciliation with fulfillment house and learning platform
- monthly reconciliation with Quickbooks
- recurring donor anniversary thank-you email
- quarterly reconciliation
- KPIs for Quarterly board report
- donor renewal mailings (email and mail)
- fundraising performance report
- annual reconciliation
- EOY (email and mail) – Nov/Dec
- recurring donor tax receipts – Jan
- Affinity Portal for annual fundraising compliance
- e-book solicitations (email—ideally twice per year in spring and fall)
- donor profiles, as needed
- cultivation event and donor visit lists, as needed
- lapsed donor recapture
- special major donor appeals
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Tricycle offers excellent benefits including Summer Fridays, employer-provided health insurance including optional vision and dental, 401K, and a week of retreat time after a year, in addition to 3 weeks vacation after one year. Friendly and dedicated environment.
To apply, please submit your résumé, a cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Development Manager” in the subject line.