We’re hiring! The Tricycle Foundation, a not-for-profit organization, is the publisher of Tricycle: The Buddhist Review and its affiliated sites, tricycle.org and learn.tricycle.org. Through our magazine and digital offerings, including our podcast and online courses, we provide an expansive portal for the exploration of Buddhist thought and practice.
Tricycle is a small but dedicated team producing in-depth content that reaches across the Buddhist world and beyond. We welcome applications for consideration at any time from creative and highly motivated individuals with an interest in the Buddhist path. Please send your resume and cover letter describing your interest in Tricycle and how you see your role in furthering our mission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Work at Tricycle.” We look forward to hearing from you!
Events and Partnerships Manager
The Events and Partnerships Manager will strengthen existing partnerships and develop new ones. They will ensure that Tricycle engages authentically and credibly with its constituents, including magazine and email subscribers; donors; pilgrims; online-course students; partnering organizations; Buddhist teachers; contributors; universities; and sanghas. The position’s primary objective is to raise the organization’s profile and grow its audience.
The Events and Partnerships Manager will report to the Associate Publisher.
- Maintain regular contact with partners and work to develop compelling opportunities to support Tricycle initiatives
- Develop ways to evaluate the effectiveness of a partnership
- Collaborate with members across the Tricycle team (editorial, online courses, development, marketing) to identify partnership opportunities across the organization
Growth, Reputation, and Community Building
- Own and develop the production process for Tricycle’s live virtual events—from incubation to logistics to marketing to follow up
- Manage subscription and online course affiliate marketing program
- Manage Tricycle co-productions, such as annual BuddhaFest Online
- Manage media sponsorships for partner events
- Manage content distribution partnerships
- Develop processes for gathering, organizing, and utilizing testimonials from readers, contributors, and other key communities
- Media outreach for online courses and other special projects and initiatives
- Assist Associate Publisher with managing pilgrimage program
Ability to communicate Tricycle’s mission and brand externally, in the language of the key communities with whom we interact, both verbally and in writing
- Close attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Creative strategizing ability
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Events and Partnerships Manager” in the subject line. Salary commensurate with experience. Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.