We’re hiring! The Tricycle Foundation, a not-for-profit organization, is the publisher of Tricycle: The Buddhist Review and its affiliated sites, tricycle.org and learn.tricycle.org. Through our magazine and digital offerings, including our podcast and online courses, we provide an expansive portal for the exploration of Buddhist thought and practice.
Tricycle is a small but dedicated team producing in-depth content that reaches across the Buddhist world and beyond. We welcome applications for consideration at any time from creative and highly motivated individuals with an interest in the Buddhist path. Please send your resume and cover letter describing your interest in Tricycle and how you see your role in furthering our mission to email@example.com with the subject “Work at Tricycle.” We look forward to hearing from you!
Editorial Assistant, Web
For nearly 30 years, the Tricycle Foundation has shared Buddhist teachings and practices with the general public, engaging the broader culture from a Buddhist perspective. Tricycle is the publisher of Tricycle: The Buddhist Review, an independent quarterly magazine, and daily content at tricycle.org. Tricycle also produces online courses, events, and more.
The Tricycle Foundation is currently seeking an Editorial Assistant, Web to support the editorial team in creating content across our channels and assisting with the production of that content, with a focus on our website. The ideal candidate will have deep interest in and knowledge of Buddhist philosophy and practice as well as the global Buddhist landscape.
This position is full-time (9:30–5:30). Tricycle’s editorial team is currently working in the office from Tuesday through Thursday with the option to work from home on Mondays and Fridays.
- Overseeing upload of magazine and web articles, including sourcing images
- Supporting the editorial team with general tasks, including contributing to pitch meetings, engaging on social media, staying up to date on new books and timely material for coverage
- Updating and helping to repackage and promote archival material
- Maintaining a site-wide content calendar and teacher database
Requirements and Personal Qualifications:
- Prior writing and editing experience and a demonstrated ability to produce consistent high-quality work while juggling a variety of projects and deadlines
- Knowledge of Buddhist history, philosophy, and practice across traditions
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Experience working in a nonprofit environment a plus
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Editorial Assistant, Web.”