We’re hiring! The Tricycle Foundation, a not-for-profit organization, is the publisher of Tricycle: The Buddhist Review and its affiliated sites, tricycle.org and learn.tricycle.org. Through our magazine and digital offerings, including our podcast and online courses, we provide an expansive portal for the exploration of Buddhist thought and practice.
Tricycle is a small but dedicated team producing in-depth content that reaches across the Buddhist world and beyond. We welcome applications for consideration at any time from creative and highly motivated individuals with an interest in the Buddhist path. Please send your resume and cover letter describing your interest in Tricycle and how you see your role in furthering our mission to email@example.com with the subject “Work at Tricycle.” We look forward to hearing from you!
Current job openings:
Development Operations Associate
Tricycle is seeking a Development Operations Associate who will be responsible for managing our donor data in Raisers Edge and related systems as well as supporting our Executive Director and Board with the annual fundraising campaign. This may include donor research, acknowledgements and managing our online fundraising program.
This position is full-time and based in our NYC office.
- Use Raiser’s Edge to support prospect and donor moves-management and assure that a dynamic prospect and donor pipeline moves forward.
- Work closely with Database Consultant to maintain updated donor and gift records and reports with an eye to ensuring data integrity and efficiency.
- Devise strategies for obtaining new donors and prospects in order to ensure the ongoing development, expansion, and renewal of the database and pipeline.
- Identify, organize, and maintain donor and prospect information files.
- Oversee, with Executive Director and Associate Publisher, digital fundraising effort, including writing and scheduling email appeals.
- Oversee Annual state charitable compliance procedure through third party. (Familiarity with Affinity a plus)
- Process gift acknowledgments in a timely manner.
- Conduct proactive research focused on lead-generation to build prospect pool while also identifying current individuals in existing donor pool.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Competence in Microsoft Office suite, knowledge of Raiser’s Edge (or similar system). Familiarity with Omatic, Wealth Engine and Data Query a big plus.
- Familiarity with standard donor and prospect research tools such as business directories, internet resources, and wealth screening tools.
- Experience in building, managing or conducting donor and prospect research a plus.
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills, attention to detail and the ability to think strategically.
- Ability to organize and manage a diverse range of assignments and projects with high efficiency, yet thorough attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- 2–4 years’ development/data experience
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Tricycle offers excellent benefits including Summer Fridays, employer-provided health insurance including optional vision and dental, 401K, and a week of retreat time after a year, in addition to 3 weeks vacation after one year.
To apply, please submit your résumé, a cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Operations Associate” in the subject line.