We’re hiring! The Tricycle Foundation, a not-for-profit organization, is the publisher of Tricycle: The Buddhist Review and its affiliated sites, tricycle.org and learn.tricycle.org. Through our magazine and digital offerings, including our podcast and online courses, we provide an expansive portal for the exploration of Buddhist thought and practice.
Tricycle is a small but dedicated team producing in-depth content that reaches across the Buddhist world and beyond. We welcome applications for consideration at any time from creative and highly motivated individuals with an interest in the Buddhist path. Please send your resume and cover letter describing your interest in Tricycle and how you see your role in furthering our mission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Work at Tricycle.” We look forward to hearing from you!
Current job openings:
Tricycle is seeking a Development Associate who will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the annual fundraising plan, including systems, infrastructure, donor research and stewardship, and the online fundraising program.
The Development Associate’s primary role is to identify, collect, organize, manage, and analyze information about donors and prospects of strategic importance to the Tricycle Foundation and to support the Board of Directors’ fundraising efforts.
This position is full-time and based in our NYC office. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Conduct proactive research focused on lead-generation to build prospect pool while also identifying current individuals in existing donor pool.
- Identify, investigate, analyze, organize and evaluate information from a variety of sources to determine the financial capacity, philanthropic interests, and relationship between Tricycle and the highest-level donors and prospects.
- Use Raiser’s Edge to support prospect and donor moves-management and assure that a dynamic prospect and donor pipeline moves forward.
- Work closely with Database Consultant to maintain updated donor and gift records and reports.
- Devise strategies for obtaining new donors and prospects in order to ensure the ongoing development, expansion, and renewal of the database and pipeline. Identify, organize, and maintain donor and prospect information files.
- Oversee, with Executive Director and Associate Publisher, digital fundraising effort, including writing and scheduling email appeals.
- Oversee state charitable compliance procedure through third party.
- Process gift acknowledgments in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in building, managing or conducting donor and prospect research. Proven understanding of how a prospect management program is integrated into the Development function.
- Ability to work with and support Board in identifying and responding to donor or prospect information needs.
- Demonstrate competence in a variety of computer applications, including database, spreadsheet and word processing programs. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge (or similar system) required.
- Familiarity with standard donor and prospect research tools such as business directories, internet resources, and wealth screening tools.
- Familiarity with financial terms, concepts, and markets, preferred.
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills, attention to detail and the ability to think strategically.
- Ability to organize and manage a diverse range of assignments and projects with high efficiency, yet thorough attention to detail and follow-through.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity and appreciation of Tricycle’s mission and goals.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and with discretion.
- Proactive in anticipating and seeking out information related to the immediate priorities of the development effort.
To apply, please submit your résumé, a cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Development Associate” in the subject line.