We’re hiring! The Tricycle Foundation, a not-for-profit organization, is the publisher of Tricycle: The Buddhist Review and its affiliated sites, tricycle.org and learn.tricycle.org. Through our magazine and digital offerings, including our podcast and online courses, we provide an expansive portal for the exploration of Buddhist thought and practice.
Tricycle is a small but dedicated team producing in-depth content that reaches across the Buddhist world and beyond. We welcome applications for consideration at any time from creative and highly motivated individuals with an interest in the Buddhist path. Please send your resume and cover letter describing your interest in Tricycle and how you see your role in furthering our mission to email@example.com with the subject “Work at Tricycle.” We look forward to hearing from you!
Current job openings:
Tricycle is looking for a Production Assistant to support its growing digital offerings, which include its online articles, Dharma Talk videos, the Tricycle Talks podcast, the monthly Film Club, the Daily Dharma newsletter, and the Buddhism for Beginners microsite. The production assistant will enhance Tricycle’s back-end capacity while maintaining Tricycle’s style, sensibilities, and standards. This position reports to Tricycle’s Web Editor.
This is a full-time position based in our New York City office. Generous benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with WordPress
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Proficient with Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office
- Good communicator
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and manage time effectively
- Interest in Buddhism is a plus but not required
- Editorial experience a plus
- Comfortable working in a small, collaborative environment
Production Assistant Responsibilities:
- Clean up Daily Dharma articles and implement SEO best practices
- Assist editorial team with web uploads for the magazine, Trike Daily, Buddhism for Beginners, and the Tricycle Talks podcast
- Schedule articles on social media
- Schedule video shoots for Dharma Talks
- Sundry office and production tasks
Manage online archive:
- Review past and clean up past issues
- Retrieve missing text and images from print magazine where necessary
- Update landing pages
- Manage tags, categories, “topics,” etc.
- Upload higher-res images when necessary
- Implement new web initiatives with editorial and publishing staff
- Research and implement new WP plug-ins
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Production Assistant” in the subject line.