- The Tassajara Zen Mountain Center in Big Sur–the oldest Buddhist monastery in the Western Hemisphere–prepares to fight against the encroaching fires in California. (Thanks to editor-at-large Andrew Cooper for the link.)
- Representatives for the Dalai Lama are in Beijing for another round of talks on Tibet, with the Olympic games about a month away.
- The New York Times Sunday magazine has a Q&A with Buddhist studies professor and scholar Robert Thurman.
- A Buddhist nun in Vietnam teaches Shaolin to students at the Viet Nam National Buddhism Academy. (Thanks to Doug Edelson for the link.)
* A note to readers: with Phil away, your tips and links are greatly appreciated. Thanks for helping to keep the blog chugging along.
Thank you for subscribing to Tricycle! As a nonprofit, we depend on readers like you to keep Buddhist teachings and practices widely available.