“There are these five rewards in listening to the Dhamma. Which five?
“ One hears what one has not heard before.
 One clarifies what one has heard before.
 One gets rid of doubt.
 One’s views are made straight.
 One’s mind grows serene.
“These are the five rewards in listening to the Dhamma.” — Anguttara Nikaya 5:202
– quoted in Skill in Questions by Thanissaro Bhikkhu
In January, to accompany Thanissaro Bhikkhu’s Tricycle Retreat The Ten Perfections, now in its third week, we’ll be offering Skill in Questions for download.
We are offering this special e-book edition for free.
In addition, if you wish, you can give a voluntary contribution of $5 to the Tricycle Teachers Fund, which benefits Buddhist teachers, who offer the teachings for free. All contributions made in January will be donated to the Metta Forest Monastery, where Thanissaro Bhikkhu serves as abbot.
Here’s how to get involved:
• Join the Tricycle Community at any member level. To participate in Thanissaro Bhikkhu’s Tricycle Retreat, you must join at the Supporting or Sustaining Member level.
• Make a voluntary contribution of $5 to the Tricycle Teachers Fund. All contributions made in January will be donated to the Metta Forest Monastery.
• Download your e-book and start reading immediately.
• Join Thanissaro Bhikkhu in his Tricycle Retreat on The Ten Perfections from January 3 through January 30.
Already a Tricycle Community Member?
Click here to take make a voluntary contribution to Metta Forest Monastery via the Tricycle Teachers Fund and download the e-book.
Start your day with a fresh perspective
Thank you for subscribing to Tricycle! As a nonprofit, we depend on readers like you to keep Buddhist teachings and practices widely available.