Welcome to Tricycle Meditation Month, our annual challenge to commit to a daily practice throughout January. Whether you’re new to meditating or a longtime practitioner, our free 31-day challenge is a great way to kickstart your practice and set aside more time for calm and clarity in your life. We’ll be supporting you along the way with an array of meditations, tips, inspiration, and resources. Our free offerings throughout the month include:
- A new guided meditation video each week from our Meditation Month teacher Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche, master of the Karma Kagyu and Nyingma lineages of Tibetan Buddhism. This year’s theme is The Bodhisattva’s Path of Meditation. (See here to learn more about Mingyur Rinpoche and his online immersion course, “The Way of the Bodhisattva.”)
- A live call at 1 pm ET on January 31 with meditation teacher Myoshin Kelley to ask any question you have about your practice. Register here.
- A steady stream of helpful articles on Trike Daily, including classic and contemporary Buddhist teachings
- A Facebook discussion group where you can share your experience and connect with practitioners from all over the world
- An interactive group on Insight Timer, a free meditation app
- A weekly newsletter to keep you up to date on everything going on
- A video interview with Mingyur Rinpoche by Tricycle’s founder Helen Tworkov
- Our evergreen meditation section of Buddhism for Beginners
Historically, Meditation Month has been in March, but this year we’ve moved it to January.
The Bodhisattva’s Path of Meditation with Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
Mingyur Rinpoche is a master of the Karma Kagyu and Nyingma lineages of Tibetan Buddhism and the leader of the Tergar Meditation Community, a global network of Buddhist meditation centers. Born in Nepal in 1975, Mingyur Rinpoche began to study meditation as a young boy with his father, Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche, a revered Buddhist teacher.
Starting on Monday, January 3, Mingyur Rinpoche will lead a series of four guided meditation videos on this year’s theme, The Bodhisattva’s Path of Meditation. Each video will introduce an approach to meditation inspired by the classic text The Way of the Bodhisattva by Shantideva. New videos will be posted every Monday, building on the previous weeks’ teachings.
The schedule so far is:
- January 3: A Good Place to Start
- January 10: Switching Seats: Understanding Ourselves and Others
- January 17: Wishing Happiness for All Beings
- January 24: Self-Transformation
Start your day with a fresh perspective
Thank you for subscribing to Tricycle! As a nonprofit, we depend on readers like you to keep Buddhist teachings and practices widely available.