COVID-19 in numbers:
- Funds raised in 12 days by Dharma Relief—a coalition of Buddhist traditions dedicated to providing emergency support—to supply FDA-approved surgical masks to US hospitals: $507,342.67
- Increase in weekly downloads of meditation apps like Calm, Headspace, and Ten Percent Happier in March, as compared to January and February: 25%
- Coronavirus-related hate crimes reported against people of Asian backgrounds in New York City: 16
- Number of respirators donated to hospitals in the US by the Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation: 5,132
- Number of registrants for Tricycle’s free livestreamed meditation sessions: 25,269
Data from Tzu Chi USA, Dharma Relief, the Wall Street Journal, and the Washington Post, as of July 10, 2020.
Thank you for subscribing to Tricycle! As a nonprofit, we depend on readers like you to keep Buddhist teachings and practices widely available.