Buddhism in Armenia:
- Portion of the population that identifies as Buddhist: < 0.1%
- Single-religion households: 96%
- Year the Armenian constitution was amended to allow freedom of religion: 2005 (The Armenian Apostalic Church remains the national church, however, and enjoys privileges that other groups do not.)
- Total number of people who attended meditation workshops given by Thai monk Luang Phi John Paramai when he visited three Armenian cities in 2017 : 250
- Number of 10-day Vipassana retreats planned this year: 4
- Members of a free meditation group in Yerevan, Armenia’s capital city: 32
- Number of Tricycle subscribers: 0
View past installments of Buddhism by the Numbers: Climate Change and Pilgrimage Sites, COVID-19, The Economics of Mindfulness, Hawaii, California, Virginia, Kentucky, South Korea, and the African Great Lakes Region.
Start your day with a fresh perspective
Thank you for subscribing to Tricycle! As a nonprofit, we depend on readers like you to keep Buddhist teachings and practices widely available.