Ram Dass says of his latest book, One-Liners, “It’s a kind of spiritual brandy, a distillation of the lectures I’ve given over the course of the past decade or so. At my lectures, I like to say that my name, Ram Dass, means ‘servant of God,’ but that ‘R-A-M’ is also an acronym for ‘Rent-a-Mouth’: that is, my listeners and my readers rent my mouth to tell us what all of us already know. What I say comes not from me, but from the consciousness common to all of us. And the quotes in this book are the little ‘aha!'”
- Every religion is the product of the conceptual mind attempting to describe the Mystery.
- The point isn’t to deny our Egos but to extricate ourselves from our exclusive preoccupation with them.
- As one individual changes, the system changes.
- Our journey is about being more deeply involved in life and yet less attached to it.
- Our whole spiritual transformation brings us to the point where we realize that in our own being, we are enough.
- What is Freedom? It’s Awareness not trapped in attraction or aversion. ▼
Sign up for Tricycle’s newsletters
Thank you for subscribing to Tricycle! As a nonprofit, we depend on readers like you to keep Buddhist teachings and practices widely available.